MECA & COVID-19 UPDATES
UPDATED AS OF MARCH 13 AT 10:00 AM
Whether or not an event goes on as scheduled continues to be at the discretion of its organizer(s).
Developments in event status are as follows:
- Creighton Baseball has cancelled the remainder of their 2020 season.
- The Creighton Baseball games against Northern Colorado scheduled for March 13 and March 15 have been cancelled.
- The NCAA has announced the decision to cancel all winter and spring championships. This includes the 2020 Division I Men’s College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. Visit NCAA.com/CWS for more information.
Other Information and Precautions:
Amid concerns regarding the presence of COVID-19 within the community, MECA is staffing additional janitorial crews before, during and after events – who routinely use disinfectant during daily cleaning procedures. Additionally, MECA has adopted the use of cleaning solution with claimed effectiveness against coronavirus.
Guests will also notice some changes in procedure at public concession stands to include:
- “Buffet” style, self-serve condiments will now be available behind concession counters upon request
- “Unlimited” food and beverage options are temporarily unavailable
Hand sanitizing stations are placed around MECA facilities and available for the use of both event staff members and the public. Individuals are welcome to bring a personal-sized bottle of hand sanitizer to all MECA events as well.
Additional question maybe directed via email to email@example.com
More resources on COVID-19: