Even with evolving venue capacity standards in Douglas County and the State of Nebraska, Charles Schwab Field Omaha continues to consider guidance from the Nebraska Governor’s office, the Douglas County Health Department (DCHD) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) during all event operations.
Guests may anticipate changes to concession procedures and varying mask requirements based on protocols determined by an event organizer or promoter.
Charles Schwab Field Omaha remains committed to guest safety throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and is utilizing the latest sanitization technology throughout the facility. Additional information may be found in the drop down menus below.
Meeting room configurations at Charles Schwab Field Omaha can be tailored to the desires of a client or organizer. MECA Event Coordinators have the ability to design layout diagrams for a specific group size. In these instances, additional staffing maybe necessary to help accommodate social distancing preferences.
Hand sanitizing dispensers are placed at guest and employee entrances as well as throughout the facility. Additionally, both visitors and staff members are outwardly encouraged to carry personal sanitizers.
Face mask requirements may vary depending upon protocols implemented by an event organizer or promoter. This is subject to change based on state or county health directives.
Public-facing event staff members are permitted to continue use of face masks or additional PPE as desired. Employees who become symptomatic are required to self-report, at which point they are directed to immediately end their shift.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation
Charles Schwab Field Omaha is staffing additional custodial crews before, during and after events who routinely use disinfectant for daily cleaning procedures. Cleaning solution with claimed effectiveness against coronavirus is in regular use throughout the building, and each room is methodically sanitized after use. Areas of frequent human contact (restrooms, hard surfaces, doorknobs) are cleaned multiple times a day.
Clorox Total 360
The state-of-the-art Clorox Total 360 system utilizes electrostatic technology and non-bleach Clorox products for an innovative surface treatment with the capability to clean even the hardest to reach places. According to Clorox, Total 360 is designed to target all surfaces within its reach. We utilize this cutting-edge technology for cleaning efforts throughout our facility.
There are reminders posted throughout the building to encourage social distancing, to avoid handshaking or touching one’s face.
Facility tours are currently unavailable.
Food & Beverage Safety Precautions
- Team members engage in mandatory COVID-19 internal safety training with proof of completion;
- Personal hygiene importance is stressed to all staff members, including reminders for proper handwashing, sneeze and cough covering etiquette;
- Sanitizing stations are available for employee use;
- Un-vaccinated team members are required to wear masks while working per company policy. All staff may wear masks if they choose.
- Equipment is sanitized before and after use, all food contact surfaces are sanitized every 30 minutes throughout an event;
- Common touchpoints are sanitized with increased frequency;
- Menus are engineered with best health and safety practices in mind;
- Modified disposable packaging in use where applicable;
- Preparation procedures modified to reduce touchpoints;
- MECA managed facilities are cash-free environments – all major debit and credit cards accepted. Cash 2 Card machines are on site and available for customer use
* All initiatives are subject to evolving CDC and public health regulations.
* These measures may be updated with any change in Levy’s procedures.
Shared Audiovisual Equipment
*All implemented measures will adhere to Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) guidelines.
CSFO Event Updates
Developments in event status are as follows:
- Creighton Baseball has cancelled the remainder of their 2020 season.
- The Creighton Baseball games against Northern Colorado scheduled for March 13 and March 15 have been cancelled.
- The NCAA has announced the decision to cancel all winter and spring championships. This includes the 2020 Division I Men’s College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. Visit NCAA.com/CWS for more information.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. You assume all risks arising from the risk of contracting COVID-19, whether occurring before, during, or after the event, however caused or contracted. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and directed health measures as well as the safety protocols and procedures implemented by MECA with regard to COVID-19. You also waive all claims against MECA, the City of Omaha, and any other person associated with this event, except for claims arising out of the grossly negligent conduct of the foregoing parties. For a list of upcoming events at the venue calendars at:
Additional question maybe directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org