MECA & COVID-19 UPDATES
UPDATED AS OF MARCH 13 AT 10:00 AM
Whether or not an event goes on as scheduled continues to be at the discretion of its organizer(s).
Developments in event status are as follows:
- Creighton Baseball has cancelled the remainder of their 2020 season.
- The Creighton Baseball games against Northern Colorado scheduled for March 13 and March 15 have been cancelled.
- The NCAA has announced the decision to cancel all winter and spring championships. This includes the 2020 Division I Men’s College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. Visit NCAA.com/CWS for more information.
Other Information and Precautions:
Amid concerns regarding the presence of COVID-19 within the community, MECA began staffing additional janitorial crews before, during and after events – who routinely use disinfectant during daily cleaning procedures. Additionally, MECA has adopted the use of cleaning solution with claimed effectiveness against coronavirus.
After TD Ameritrade Park Omaha effectively closed to the public in mid-March, MECA’s custodial team has been methodically cleaning each room within the facility then sealing off access until the building reopens to the public.
At that time, guests will also notice some temporary changes in procedure at public concession stands to include:
- Some self-serve condiments (such as jalapeno peppers and relish) must be provided from behind concession counters upon request
- “Unlimited” food and beverage options are temporarily unavailable
Hand sanitizing stations are placed around MECA facilities and available for the use of both event staff members and the public. Guests are welcome to carry a personal-sized bottle of hand sanitizer when MECA resumes event operations.
Additional question maybe directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
More resources on COVID-19: